The Way to Bethlehem
Is the Camino de Santiago
support • solidarity • prayer • pilgrimage
A distinctive endeavor on behalf of Bethlehem University
View the Promotional Video:
The Way to Bethlehem Campaign
Ghassan Salameh, a member of the Board of Directors of the Bethlehem University Foundation is undertaking a unique campaign to raise awareness–and funds–on behalf of the educational efforts of Bethlehem University and the inspiring commitment to learning by its students and faculty.
From May 18 to June 27, 2018 Ghassan will walk the 800-kilometer (nearly 500 miles) “Camino de Santiago” in Spain. Ghassan, and those who join him, seek to:
- Raise awareness of the unique mission and contributions made by Bethlehem University in its ministry of educating Palestinian young adults.
- Raise awareness of the challenges faced by the students of Bethlehem University in their pursuit of higher education.
- Allow men and women of all faiths to join in prayerful support of Bethlehem University.
- Generate financial support for Bethlehem University.
The Way to Bethlehem Is…A Pilgrimage
For “The Way to Bethlehem” campaign, Ghassan Salameh has chosen to walk the Camino de Santiago. In addition to the faith commitment the pilgrimage entails, he, together with the Bethlehem University Foundation, will use the experience to tell anew the story of Bethlehem University–its mission, educational accomplishments, and students. From the preparation steps to the actual steps in the Spanish countryside, Bethlehem University Foundation will use social media to raise awareness, understanding, prayer, and funds in support of Bethlehem University.
The Way to Bethlehem Is…Ghassan’s Way
Ghassan Salameh is the Chairman and CEO of Rubix Holdings, a Social Media company and Technology Investment firm. Rubix has recently launched two global social media platforms, Baaz.com and Allmuze.com.
Prior to Rubix, Ghassan held several senior management positions at top global companies. Most recently, he was the Director of International Infrastructure business at CH2M, and prior to that he was Executive Vice President and Senior Partner at Booz Allen Hamilton.
Ghassan’s family fled Palestine in 1948 and took refuge in Lebanon, where he was born. He attended UNRWA elementary schools and the Vatican sponsored High School for Palestinian refugees. At age 20, he came to the United States, put himself through college, and helped his family immigrate and settle in the U.S.
Ghassan holds a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from California State University and an MBA from the University of San Francisco.
As a successful Palestinian-American, Ghassan embraced his heritage and engaged in advocating on behalf of young Palestinians. His personal experiences enforced in him the importance of education and the critical role it plays in providing opportunities, which led to his support of Bethlehem University.
Ghassan is a strong believer in the mission and vision of the University and the role it plays in positively shaping and improving the lives of young men and women, and the investment it is making in the future of Palestine.
Ghassan Salameh was elected to the Board of Directors at the Bethlehem University Foundation in April 2017.
The Way to Bethlehem Needs…Your Support
How can you support this campaign? Consider one or more of the following:
- Learn more about the Bethlehem University Foundation, the U.S. registered not-for-profit organization with the sole mission of supporting and promoting Bethlehem University.
- Visit the Bethlehem University website to learn more about the educational programs and students of Bethlehem University.
- Pray for the mission and work of Bethlehem University and “The Way to Bethlehem” pilgrimage in 2018.
- Consider joining the pilgrims on some or all of their journey from May 18 to June 27 (more information coming in 2018).
- Contribute to the campaign financially.
Links and Contact
For assistance from the Bethlehem University Foundation or to make additional inquiries about this campaign, please contact: